- Precision Diecast Collectible
- Four Smoothly Rotating Propellers
- Loaded with Turret, Ball & Tail Machine Guns
- Authentic WWII Camo Paint & Markings
- Custom Display Stand Included
- Clear Glazed Cockpit and Bomb Sight Nose
The B-17 Flying Fortress was a four-engine heavy bomber developed by Boeing for the United States Army Air Corps. It was a high-flying, long-range bomber, heavily used in World War II for daylight precision bombing of strategic military targets. It was highly effective and reliable, and developed a reputation of being able to return to its home base despite extensive battle damage.My Gal Sal was one of the 3 B-17's that was forced to land on the Greenland icecap due to inclement weather on June 27, 1942. The crew was rescued and the aircraft abandoned until a 1964 overflight discovered the aircraft to be largely intact. It was recovered in 1995 and restored to a static configuration. It is now displayed at the National World War II Museum in Louisiana.